Sunday, December 30, 2012

Elizabeth's First Birthday

The week of December 16 thru 22, 2012:

We started Prepare and Pray again, from the beginning, and it is my desire that we work on that for mainly learning survival skills on the first day of each week.

Jaden played a lot of Bookworm on my laptop, and he did some work in his workbooks.

Trusten did a lot of work in his workbooks one day.  He did a little reading in the Learn-to-Read

We read about the Phoenicians in Mystery of History, and we finished A Street Thru Time with "The Street Today."  I think it will be good to go through that once every year.  I'm sure the kids would enthusiastically agree.  We read in the Proverbs, a chapter in A Child's Life of Christ, a Science Spin issue where the main article was about solar storms, about clouds and snow in Usborne's Weather and Climate Change book (after Trusten asked about the clouds and snow, as he's really been on a roll asking weather, climate, and geological questions).  I don't remember what all else we read.

But the biggest excitement during that week was Elizabeth's turning a year of age.  She finally pulled up completely just three days before her birth anniversary.  My sweet sister Meg, my brother-in-law Chris, and my niece Layla came to visit.  I was so happy to see them...just wish it was for longer.

We don't go all out, but I did fix cupcakes and let Elizabeth eat part of a cupcake, and the kids helped her open some presents.

Some pictures:

Opening presents

Wrapping paper must taste good.

Cupcakes that I made with coconut flour(which I later iced with homemade chocolate frosting)

Elizabeth's first cupcake

The first tastes

Mmmmm....

All my sweet babies eating their cupcakes

Two silly girls with chocolate on their faces

Sweet birthday girl!

My sweet Liv

My sweet Trusten with his juniper berries on branch (he loves to eat them)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment