Friday, June 14, 2013

Pentecost 2013

Pentecost 2013

Pentecost 2013 at fell on May 19 on the Roman calendar.  We had a great day full of valuable family time, feasting, and spiritual growth. We listened to a sermon and read scriptures and some other stuff on Pentecost. I also used the event of the newly-hatched chick to teach about the meaning of Pentecost and how the Spirit of God brings new spiritual life to a person, as I discussed also on my Growing in Grace and Knowledge blog.

Jaden William and Liv enjoy the baby chick

We enjoyed the punch that I always make on Pentecost, which I like to be a symbolic reminder of how the Spirit is "poured" out upon believers.


Liv enjoyed the punch

As I traditionally do on Pentecost, I gave the kids spiritually/biblically themed gifts.  The oldest three each got a bag with their favorite color and scripture on them (for example, Trusten's is royal blue with a white crown on it and a verse about God's Kingdom), as well as new bible bookmarks.  Jaden William also got a new small metal flashlight with a scripture verse on it.

Another Pentecost lesson: The Spirit of God does not help me with wrinkled tablecloths.  ;-)


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment