Saturday, July 28, 2018

~January Through April 2018~

As with the last post, this will be a very quick catch-up post, somewhat unorganized.  I'll be SOOOOO happy to catch up soon and get back to regular blogging.  :-)

Youngest three started public school in January.  Trusten went into fifth grade, Olivia into second, and Elizabeth into Kindergarten.



Group picture that was posted on FB in homeschool group from our fish hatchery visit



Elizabeth benefited from public school.  She had a great teacher (teacher's first year to teach, too), and she had a speech teacher that was great, too.  I looooove her drawings and what she dictated to her teacher to say about her pictures.  I always really enjoyed when she brought these home.  Here are just a few.






Olivia went on a field trip to the George Washington Carver Museum.  We took William there when he was around six or seven.  I went after I got out of school that morning and toured with Olivia, then I took her home.  Her teacher (whom I also really loved, what a great teacher, and she had been Liv's first grade teacher the one semester she'd gone before) texted me this picture of how Liv and her friends fell asleep on the trip there.


I took botany in college this semester. Here are a few snapshots of things I did.












My parents got the kids crystal-making kits.


Does this boy look like he's slept????



This woman was only sitting for a few minutes when she finished that pile of puzzles.  I don't know how she did it.



This boy had fun with the ice!


Monopoly!





Liv spending the night with her friend Gracelynn

William driving down the gravel road

More family time, picture supposed to be on last post

Some yummy sort of food and a game of poker








Looooove my new dining room set that my mother bought for me (I picked out)






I got William braces.  This is his smile right after getting them.


Spring feast!








Cows loose in our yard


Olivia surprised us with coffee and waffles in bed, with flowers and a note, too!

And owl!!!!!!!!!

My firstborn!!!

A mouse!!!








Now for some of the DELICIOUS foods we ate during this time!


First time I made lemon poppy muffins; these were a special request.







My sweet woman made this breakfast for me.

Vegan pizza I made. This was pretty good!



Honestly, I think this was the best chocolate cake I'd ever made in my life, and it was gluten-free!

Mouth-watering!!!!  Carissa made this delicious sandwich for me.  

Black bean and mango soup.  It was ok.


Some sort of dish with squash and cashew butter (that I did homemade).  It was pretty good.

A strange breakfast I made with quinoa

But this breakfast was pretty good—buckwheat crepes with blueberries


Carissa scrambled eggs and added avocado for me after I had a wisdom tooth pulled.

Coconut milk yogurt with homemade granola and berries

Avocado chocolate pudding with raspberries

Fish!!!!!!

Stuff! (Gluten-free!)

Another mouth-watering sandwich with the top bread off to see the DELICIOUS details



Ok, so there it is, the quick, sloppily-done post.  Hope you enjoyed it, anyway.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment