Tuesday, July 30, 2019

September 2018 Doings


I had done some research on humane zoos in the U.S. and found one called Tanganyika Wildlife Park in Kansas.  I decided we had to go, so we took a trip to Kansas and tent-camped, then visited the zoo the next morning and came home.  It was so nice. It was beautiful, clean, well-kept, and the animals all seemed healthy and happy. 












We all got to choose one "special" animal from a few options that we wanted to feed.  Carissa chose to feed a giraffe.  



This poor, sweet momma monkey kept having to get away from another monkey.  At one point, the other monkey took her baby!  She got her baby back, but I felt so bad for her.  She just wanted to protect her infant.  

 

The kids and I all chose to feed lemurs.  That was so cool!









I really enjoy seeing what Elizabeth brings home from school.  She's such a sweetheart.  






Livi likes to get butterflies on her. :-)


I like to read for school outside on a blanket.  I'm grateful for being able to do this.



Look at this pretty spider!  I think it's a green crab spider, but its legs are not splayed out in the crab-like position.  


Delicious!  This was my chocolate birthday cake and some divine-tasting herbal tea.  I turned 36!


My sister bought me the "Dried Herbs" hanging board last year, and it gets good use.  Carissa is more into drying her own herbs than I am.  I love it!  Purple basil is one of her favorite things to grow and dry.  


How fun!  I brought out the autumn fundana that Gamma Pat got William long ago, and I had the three youngest compete to collect as many items as they could. 


October's post is coming right up...

No comments:

Post a Comment