Sunday, December 22, 2013

Elizabeth's Second Birth Anniversary

Elizabeth Annmarie

My sweet Elizabeth turned two years of age on the Roman date December 17.  She's so far brought me two years of extreme joy!  She was a blessing I dearly needed in my life.  She's also helped me to appreciate myself more and to forgive myself of my shortcomings.  She reminds me so much of myself and looks so much like me.  Her name and her presence and life constantly remind me of my covenant with my God and the grace I am continually given, even through the most bitter and difficult times.

Many of those who have known me for years know I like us to take our children on special family trips on their birth anniversaries from the age of two on (age one is a special at-home time).  From the age of three on, I like the trips to be educational and age appropriate (for the child whose birthday it is) while still being fun.  But at the age of two, it's just fun!

I wonder whether I should have made a different choice for Elizabeth's second birthday, but we took her to Jump Zone, which is where we took Olivia for her second birthday (and her third, because for the first time ever I deviated from my tradition).  Now Olivia is quite a wild one with lots of energy and was quite adept at the age of two at climbing and jumping and such.  Whatever Olivia was far advanced in, Elizabeth is behind in, but she's got more of a laid back and meditative personality.

Soooo....Elizabeth didn't jump a whole lot.  She bounced on her knees quite a bit, no different than what she does at home on our rebounder and couch, but she didn't like to try to jump on her feet.  She couldn't climb the steps for the slides, either.  But I took her up and slid with her many times, and she seemed happy with that and her knee-jumping and rolling a ball back and forth with me.  Meanwhile her three siblings and her cousin Layla (who is only five weeks older than Elizabeth but is much like Olivia was) had a great time wildly jumping and climbing to go down the slides.  We've got video, too, but I'm not sure I want the video of me sliding with her shown...LOL.


My sister, brother-in-law, and niece came to visit (I figured Layla would love jumping with her cousins), and my mother came along, too.  The visit was short, but I was happy to see them all.


We went to Jump Zone the night before her birthday. After everyone left the next day, the day of her birthday, the kids and I spent many hours outside, enjoying the very nice sunny and warm weather.

I had made chocolate chip cookies for Elizabeth's birthday treat the day before, which she and everyone else enjoyed. 


The day afterward she received her second Citrus Lane box, which I reviewed in my previous post.  I also received birthday money for her that will allow me to buy her some new books and fun and educational toys. 

My next post will be an educational one about "Horses and Keys."

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. She is beautiful. And yes, she does look like you. :) Happy 2nd Elizabeth! So happy she has brought you much joy, my friend.

    P.S. I am not getting your posts by email. I signed up again but it says I am already signed up. ??

    ReplyDelete