Thursday, April 17, 2014

Feast of Unleavened Bread (Roman Year 2014)

 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth (1 Cor. 5:8).

We've been enjoying the week of Unleavened Bread so far.  On the first day—a holy day—I reviewed the meaning of the feasts, starting with questions to see how much they remember, as I always do, and then put particular focus on the meaning of Unleavened Bread.  I stressed the message I Corinthians 5:8 to the children and elaborated greatly, also reminding them of the fruits of the spirit.  Sure, removing literal leavened bread is a nice reminder of the need to remove sin from our lives, but the main point under the new spiritual covenant is that we should work hard on examining what we need to change in our lives to grow in righteousness and grace.  If we only were to participate in the removing literal yeast from our homes as instructed under the old carnal covenant, we'd be falling short of what is expected of us under the spiritual covenant.

Due to my severe trial at this time last year, I didn't even get out the children's repentance journals then, so this year is the first year that Trusten did his own writing.  I wrote down Olivia's list of things she wants to repent of and change, as she spoke them to me.  Jaden William made a big deal over how terrible his writing looked from past years.  LOL

We've been eating unleavened muffins, as we normally do, and I've been making tortillas to eat in various ways.

 Tortilla in the skillet

 Chocolate-chip muffins

Blueberry muffins


For Passover I made my dough in a heart shape before cooking it in the skillet, as seen on my other blog.  It reminded me all the more that what my Lord Salvation the Anointed did for me was out of his awesome love for me.  

I hope the children will truly work hard on their needed changes.  They know if they do well, they will be given rewards on the Feast of Trumpets and a wonderful note written by me in their Trumpets rewards journals.

To those of you who are also keeping the feast (with sincerity and truth, of course), we hope that you are being greatly fulfilled in spiritual growth, extra time of fellowship with fellow children of God, extra rest, and nourishing unleavened breads.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment