Thursday, May 8, 2014

Missed Snow and Spring Walk


This will be a really quick post, mainly of pictures.  I'd missed including this in the last "What We..." because they were on my digital camera, and I forgot them.  They capture some of the fun the kids had during the last meaningful snow, pictures taken March 4; and then a spring nature walk on March 18, right before the official spring equinox. 


Nathan had pushed snow into a pile with the tractor.






Jaden William's always got to include some tree-climbing.  Trust and Liv wanted to follow after him, but I told them to back away.  That's just too much (for me, ha-ha).




 All sorts of neat things were discovered.  William thinks the lines on the above log were made by a worm(s).  I honestly do not know and forgot all about checking into it.


 I spotted shelf mushrooms HIGH up on a tree and pointed them out to the kids.


The inside of the rotten stump went deeeply.



 Not just a clump of moss, but this is a moss-covered stone that Trusten discovered.


I took two pictures of Liv showing me the snail she'd found; in this one the snail looks worse, in the other Liv looks worse.  Standing in a bad spot for proper lighting.


 Mourning cloak butterfly.  Do you see it?


One of many crystal-treasured rocks


Miscellaneous pictures:






Spring clothing inventory to see what I still needed to get...not the most fun of things I do.


Mismatched big sister pulling baby sister in wagon...LOVE these moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment