Sunday, August 6, 2017

March 2017 Spring Delights

Outdoor Spring Wonders




I was so happy that my lilac bush bloomed well for the first time in years.  It had either not bloomed at all or barely did and would be ruined by frost. Even one year when it partially bloomed, the tiger swallowtails never came.  Their numbers, I think, decreased greatly after the two terrible droughts we had a few years 














A Delicious Treat


I finally got around to making the chocolate tart that calls for avocados.  It may sound gross, but it's very good, and the smooth texture is amazing


Spring Feast


We had a feast to celebrate spring.  Nathan cut up a lot of fruit and grilled some steaks.  I made two dips—rotel cheese (and no, I do NOT use Velveeta) and spinach-artichoke, punch, dish-baked potatoes, and asparagus.  

Everything was so delicious!




A Venture Taken in the Winter


I can't remember when I took these pictures, but I used Nathan's phone and later sent them to myself, and they are labeled May, I think, which is weird, because I didn't send them in May.  I sent them probably the same day.  I imagine this took place in January or February.  Nathan remembered an area he saw when hunting and wondered whether someone piled the stones deliberately to hide something.  (We were all hoping for treasure.)  It was so very cold that day.  It was a letdown that there was nothing there.



I wish I'd have taken a picture of the rocks in their original place before Nathan and William started digging.




I guess that is all I have to share from March.  I have a lot of pictures out of order.  I am regretting every updating my OS on my laptop.  I hate, hate, hate some of the features.  iPhoto is all gone, and...well, I'll just say things aren't the same, and I'm aggravated.  I found more pictures of the trip the kids and I took on the day we visited the pond after I made the January post.  They were stuck elsewhere. Anyway...

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment