Sunday, August 18, 2019

Memories From January-March 2019

January through April were extremely busy months for me, so I didn't take many pictures.  I simply enjoyed the time I had with my family and got through these months.

The spring semester was at least as challenging as the previous fall semester.  People told me I was crazy for signing up for eighteen credit hours.  A good challenge I do like, though.  That go-around, I had six courses (including a one-credit-hour course and one five-credit-hour one), including two that required field experience.  I spent many weeks not only going to a college campus four days a week and taking care of my online courses, but I also was present at our district's elementary-, middle-, or high school for several hours a week.  I had to put together tasks for my psychology clinical course and video myself working with a student to carry out my tasks.  I did forty-nine hours of that, not including the videos I did at home with my Elizabeth, since some of the tasks didn't match the student at school for whom I had permission to film.  Then I put in two rounds of 20+ hours of teacher observation for two different teachers and all the reporting and data I had to compile for those.  I had to compile a large resource file (in a 5-inch binder) for my teacher education class that included several other projects in addition to the teacher observations, plus chapter work.  I had a physical science class and lab that was utterly exhausting to sit through—two hours and forty-five minutes twice a week.

Then I still put it family time, often cooking for my family, always getting the kids up and helping Elizabeth get ready each morning and driving them to school (which allowed for discussion time).  I did Elizabeth's reading with her half the time, while Carissa did the other half.  My sweet, wonderful wife helped so much.  She took over the housework and laundry almost 100% and did so much to take care of the kids.  Although I'd have done the same without her, my house would have been utterly chaotic, and I'd have not done as well without her.  I am so grateful for her and all that she does. 


January
 





The following three pieces of work were things Olivia did in November and December that she brought home in December and January, though I snapped two of the pictures of the work when they were on the school wall.




 







February

It was nice to be able to spend a few minutes watching deer in the front yard some mornings.



March


Olivia's teacher had her class do weaving projects after a lesson on an ancient culture and how they went about weaving.



I've got two more posts planned in order to catch up.  Look for a post for April and May and another post for June and July.  :-)  Coming up soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment