Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Break for Momma and Grandparents for the Boys

Sunday, April 25:  Nathan and I met my parents halfway, and we ate at a Mexican restaurant together, then they took the boys home with them.

Monday, April 26:  The boys really missed out during the walk today.  I nearly ran Liv's stroller right over a snake!  It was a harmless, non-venomous snake.  The only problem is, I still don't know what kind it is.  We've seen some already this year, but I looked on Missouri's website at all the snakes listed, and then I even looked for Arkansas snakes.  Beats me.  It has dull reddish stripes down the length of its body.  Well, that's the best way I can describe it.  I just need a camera to take a picture of one.  I know the boys would have enjoyed it. 

Jade said during their visit he steered a tractor with his Papa Chuck (Daddy to me) to bush hog.  He also burned some hay and sticks, push mowed (with a reel mower), fished, held baby chicks, and celebrated my sister's 25th birthday with her. 

It was nice to have peace and quiet, but I missed the boys, too.  I got them back on Friday.  I went to the doctor on Thursday to get my blood tested for hypothyroidism.  I also got an EKG.  I will talk more about the results in my next post.

Saturday, May 1:  I enjoyed the sabbath day, but the boys didn't have their sabbath school lesson.  I did read the bible to them.  After the sabbath, and after the boys were in bed, Nathan and I watched a movie called Precious.  Watching that ought to make anyone thankful for their life, no matter what bad things have happened, because most of us don't suffer things to that extent.  It's based on the book Push by Sapphire, but I don't know whether it's based on a true story, or not.  One thing is for sure, those type of things do really happen in the world.  Anyway, it is about a sixteen-year-old black girl who is pregnant with her second child by her father, and she lives with a super-abusive mother who blames her for "stealing" her man.  So very twisted.  That poor girl was being sexually abused and then being made to feel it was her fault.  The end of the movie revealed that it had happened since the age of three.  Her mother threw glasses at her, tried hitting her with a skillet, told her she should have aborted her, and all sorts of things. 

The movie also brings out the sad truth how much people are too hung up on people's physical attributes.  It's just so sad. :-(

Well, it has a happy ending.  That's the good thing.  :-) 

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I want to watch that movie. I am glad you had a nice break - and also that your boys are home again!

    Are you still posting pics online? I haven't gotten an email in awhile, but I may have used my old email to sign up - I may need a new invite. I'd love to see a pic of Liv!

    ReplyDelete