Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Some Pictures and Comments on Scorpion Video

I didn't share some pictures from last week, so I wanted to do that.  Also, while I was talking about animals and all the different eyes/cameras different animals have and how people have just copied God's technology, and I mentioned the infrared, night vision, and others, Jade got very excited and told me that I just had to watch the scorpion videos that he and Trusten had watched the day before.  He enthusiastically told me that scorpions had many eyes just like spiders, but they had them all around the head and that they could do all these amazing things.  Well, I finally watched the videos today with them, and it really was amazing.  I highly recommend watching it.  The links are in my last post.  Scorpions have some very interesting abilities, for sure.

Okay, now for some pictures...

My peony bush first blooming out
A lovely Diana fritillary


Jaden sporting a white clover necklace that I taught him how to make so that he can crown his little sister with them or make her necklaces when she gets a little older.  My mother made white clover necklaces when I was little.

Trusten holding a green caterpillar


He's letting it crawl from hand to hand


I think it's a larvae of some sort of sulphur or white butterfly, but I really do not know.  Can anyone tell?

Oh, and that reminds me.  My fil told me that the snake I could not identify was probably some sort of garter snake.  Well, there is an Eastern garter snake in Missouri.  It didn't quite look that way, though.  There is supposed to be a red-sided garter snake in the western half, and I'm not convinced it is that, either.  It looks closest to an East Plains garter snake (I think it was called), but it's not listed as a MO snake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment