Monday, May 3, 2010

Miracles and Technology, Caterpillars, and Thankfulness

Sunday, April 18:  Jade did an Explode the Code lesson, the children and I went grocery shopping, we read our proverb and some in the gospel of Mark, and then Nathan and I watched the movie Sherlock Holmes online.  Wow, did I ever like that movie.  We thought it would be okay for Jade to see and would give me an opportunity to talk to him about some things, so I planned to play it again the next day.

Sherlock Holmes, of course, is a fictional detective, most know.  This movie's case revolved around a guy seeking to control government, ultimately the world, using technology deceptively disguised by the "dark arts."  Intelligent and logical Sherlock Holmes knew there was an explanation for all the seemingly unexplainable events, such as the evil character Lord Blackwood rising from the dead.  He said that he didn't believe in magic, but rather science.  I couldn't agree more.  Magic is a myth, the whole "hocus pocus, abra-cadabra" nonsense.  There's an explanation for everything.  Even when people use dark arts, the spirits behind it all are literally bringing things about in some way.  It is explainable.  When God made the heavens and the earth, He did it by His wisdom, knowledge, and understanding:

Jehovah by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens. By his knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down the dew (Prov. 3:19-20).  

The Most High God and His Firstborn are both more highly advanced than any human is.  Their wisdom, knowledge, and understanding far surpass that of ours, for we are created by them and given these things in limited amounts.

Certain elements in the movie reminded me of how people will be deceived in the last few years of this world/age.  Already there are fascinating technologies that are kept secret from the general population.  There are those who serve Satan and practice the dark arts.  These people include our top government officials who claim outwardly to be Christians just to deceive the deceived into thinking they are like them and nothing to fear!  What secrets do these evil spirits share with these people?  What sorceries are in store to deceive the masses?  One thing is for certain, that those who do not have the love of the truth shall be deceived.  The nations are fighting so and cannot get along.  The leaders and the rich keep meeting together to try to formulate a plan of peace.  They do realize an important truth, namely that in order to have peace, there must be a world government, and so everyone must obey the same set of beliefs.  What beliefs, what law, should be implemented, is the question.

Eventually, it will be decided in the Western world that the Christianity religion should be used to bring everyone under rule and that Islam should be once and for all stamped out.  Of course, except for the true  Christians who know the truth, namely that the Satan-inspired man-made religion of Christianity (Catholicism) is against God, and perhaps a minority of atheists and others, most will come to think it's a good idea and there will seem to be a short time of peace in this part of the world.  They will serve this coming government with their thoughts and actions (symbolized by the forehead and hands), rather than God's government.  They will obey a lie, rather than obey the truth.  

Fancy technology will be used to show signs and wonders, as I wrote in my intro to science and technology on my website.  Satan is working behind the scenes to inspire this in the minds of evil men so that ultimately he can be worshiped as only God should be.  No fancy technology, no wonders that man can do, even under inspiration or possession of devils, can compare to what God can do.  I want my children to know, though, that there will be fancy things done that people will believe is from God and is not.

Monday, April 19:  I refreshed Jaden on how to scan and copy with the printer, since we will soon start adding more to our plant binder that we started last year.  I let Trusten push buttons.  :-)  He loves to push buttons, so I let him do so when I can.  I lift him up so that he can push the button to start the washing machine.  We let him push the play and pause button when we watch movies on the iMac. 
*********
I can't remember the exact thing Jaden William said now, but he made some comment about water at a certain temperature, and I told him that was hot (I think he said 160 degrees) to us, and he was thinking it was cold, so I had to remind him of the numerical values of certain temps. that have been assigned to the Fahrenheit scale.  Somehow that conversation also involved reheating food, but I honestly do not remember the conversation really well right now.
*********
Another thing we talked about this day was a spirit vs. flesh body.  We were doing our daily bible reading, and I can't remember what I'd read over, but he said, "I just realized something.  Our bodies are God's body."  So, I had the opportunity to talk about that.  I told him he was partly right.  In the same way his body is Nathan's and my body, God's begotten children's bodies are His bodies.  In the same way Jaden is a reproduction of both mind and body by Nathan's and my coming together as one, so a begettal with the Father God's Spirit, we have a reproduction of His mind and will have a reproduction of His body, just as His Firstborn's (the Lord Jesus). 
*********
We also talked about Jesus' spitting and other strange things that he did when healing others.  I explained to Jaden that those things that he did were not really what healed them.  God's Spirit healed them, and in the case of the blind, the cells of the eye were made whole, or whatever was wrong with the vision was corrected.  We have certain powers in the modern medical instruments and drugs that are used today.  How much greater are the things with which God has at His disposal?  They would not have understood such things 2,000 years ago, but the modern medical miracles man has shown he is capable of should put it in a new light.

If man can do such things, what can God do?  Of course, one only has to look at heavens and the earth and how everything runs.  Wow!  Well, to anyone with any sense, I think it's plain that someone of greater intelligence put this all together.  Of course, the foolish have always given unintelligence credit.  As IF a rock (or block of wood) that can't speak or see or reason could create life.  The evolutionists, with such theories as life springing up on the "backs of crystals," as one guy put it, are no different than the heathens throughout history who have given rocks and other such things the credit.   Crazy, if you ask me.  If that's real science, I'm a dodo bird.

I am amazed at this iMac that I have and even more so with the iPhone.  What geniuses it took to put something together that does all that it does and it have such a small size.  Now, what person with sense would ever guess that something like that just "evolved," all the needed parts and applications just randomly came together to create the iPhone and all its programs.  Of course, that's nonsense!  How much more nonsensical it is to believe the earth and every creature on it just got here and is running all this complex programming from some random evolving of things.  Just the way the earth and the other planets are held together in orbit is amazing to me.
********
We've been taking daily walks. The day before Jade opened up a web of Eastern tent caterpillars with a stick.  Today I brought the camera along.  I wasn't sure what the name of the caterpillars was as of yet, nor was I sure of the tree from which they fed and made their home.  I discovered later that it was Choke cherry, and there are Choke cherry trees all up and down this road, with Eastern tent caterpillars making their homes in them.

Click here for video footage of Jaden's observation. 

Oh, and I wasn't 100% sure what those little "black things" that Jaden asked about were, but later when we read more about these caterpillars, we found out that the black things are feces.  Nice, eh?  You should have seen the look on JW's face.

Here's a cute video of Trusten with one of the caterpillars.

Tuesday, April 20:  We read from Mark and Proverbs.  We talked more about technology vs. "magic" and end time deceptions, and we talked about stamps and mail sorting and transport.  I explained summarily how it all worked and how long it took for mail to get from place to place.  It all started with his asking why we need stamps, and then he also was under the assumption that the addressee received the mail piece the same day the sender mailed it. 

Wednesday, April 21:  We read Mark and Proverbs.  The boys learned about syrphid flies.  Here's a video of Trusten studying one on our front porch.  It was a bit annoying that JW kept asking Trusten what he thought about the fly, even interrupting Trusten's question, but JW and I had thought it was so funny the day before when Trust said he thought "good" of the caterpillar as he dropped it and brushed his hands together.  I watched that video over and over, laughing.

Thursday, April 22:   I started taking cal-mag supplements again today, though, as well as chlorophyll again. I know my magnesium is low, even though I do not eat a mainstream diet of refined grains and do not eat more than one to two dairy servings a day (too much calcium can cause less magnesium absorption, though magnesium helps calcium to absorb).  

The lilac bush in our front yard smells lovely, and we delight in smelling the fragrant air as we walk by during our daily walks.  Also, JW thought the Mullein we have around here was Lamb's Ear.  They are both soft, and they look similar, but I told him I didn't think it was Lamb's Ear.  I couldn't remember what it was called, though, so we id'ed the plant when we got home.  I look forward to the mullein blooming.  We had a pretty one near our creek last year, but JW said he thinks he accidentally hoed it down last year.




Friday, April 23:  Mark and proverb.   I realized my magnesium was low yesterday, but today I start wondering whether it's linked to hypothyroidism, with which I have suspected myself having for over three years.

Saturday, April 24:   The boys had their thankfulness lesson.

I'll update more in a later post.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, do I ever have some sentence structure errors! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the videos - we have a problem with tent caterpillars on our chokecherry trees on our property in MT. I love Jaden's curiostiy. I caught a glimpse of Liv, too, and Trusten is too cute. :D Our lilacs won't bloom until the end of May or June - but I love it when they do! Enjoy Spring for me until it comes to Wy. =)

    ReplyDelete