Sunday, October 27, 2013

Jaden William's Very Belated 10th Birthday Post

Yes, William turned 10 back in June, but he wanted to go to a junkyard for his birthday trip, and he simply wouldn't give any other suggestion.  I told him that some day his daddy would just have to take him, that it wasn't really a birthday trip for the family.  And this year has been nothing short of crazy and somewhat not-as-usual.  For some examples:

*Both the boys' birthday trips were delayed (through Trusten's only a month-and-a-half).
*We took very few walks (I think this was mostly due to a strange-to-here number of mosquitos that would feast on us each time)
*We didn't read most of our magazines during the summer (but kept them back for later), which has never happened for months at a time, before.
*We've had times of less school more-than-usual. 
*And more!

But that's life, isn't it?  Sometimes things happen, and life gets jumbled around differently for a time, but then it gets better again, or there becomes a new normal...or whatever!  And you know what?  It'll be ok.

So...for a FLASHBACK, going back in time four months, here's a picture of Jaden William with his birthday gifts (which were meager this year--used books off Amazon and a few Smencils, whereas Trusten got a few Smencils and three pair of different fun socks, as he loves novelty socks), but that's ok, too, as it doesn't need to always be extravagant, which is a good life lesson!):


Trusten didn't want to miss the opportunity to have his picture taken with Brother.  

Then we took Jaden's birthday trip two weeks ago.  I finally decided it was time we go SOMEWHERE for his trip, so we decided to surprise him by going to the Crystal Bridges art museum.  We didn't get to see everything before we had to go (the twins certainly weren't as enthralled about it, if you know what I mean), but we can easily go back another time.  There are plenty of gardens and walking trails outdoors, too, and we got a nice day of exercise, sunshine, and fresh air.  I bet the gardens are beautiful in spring and summer.

I took a few pictures of my favorite paintings and other things.  There were several paintings of birds and things, but I'll only post a few here.  Jaden didn't have any favorites over the others.  He said, "I didn't have any favorite.  I liked all of it.  A lot."


 I should have gotten the kids to stay closer in the foreground in the above picture (not to mention not having them stare into the sun), but I was disappointed I had to hurry to get a picture at all, as Nathan took off with Elizabeth in the stroller and was making a rather speedy getaway!  LOL  I think he'd heard enough of Liv's whining and Trusten's transgressions of getting too close to the art.  But anyway, isn't that metal tree so neat?  The sky was perfect!




 Some of my personal favorite paintings are shown above. 





I keep wanting to call the branch creature a deer, but I believe it's a horse.  I don't know why I want to think of it as a deer.  I just had to get a picture of the kids with the pig!


Coming soon is an update on what the kids have actually done in "school", as well as fall pictures, and a general update on the kids. 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment